According to the Hollywood Reporter, Effie & Katniss from “The Hunger Games”are among this year’s most in-demand costumes inspired by movies this Halloween, according to a survey of more than 1,000 moviegoers conducted by Fandango.
Meanwhile, action heroines dominated the women’s choices, withAnne Hathaway’s Catwoman, also from The Dark Knight Rises,coming in at No. 1, followed by Jennifer Lawrence’s Katniss from The Hunger Games.
Rounding out the top five were Kristen Stewart’s Snow White and Charlize Theron’s Queen Ravenna from Snow White and the Huntsman and Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow fromAvengers.
“It was a battle of the superheroes for top costume this year, and it’s fun to see the regal Thor rising to the top of the list, beating out the rest of the Avengers crew,” Fandango editor-in-chief Chuck Walton said. “For women, Anne Hathaway’s sexy turn as Catwoman pushed the feline fatale back onto the list and straight to the top, besting arguably this year’s most talked-about female character, Katniss Everdeen.”
Katniss comes in at #2 and Effie at #7 on the list of women’s costumes:-
1. Catwoman (The Dark Knight Rises)
2. Katniss (The Hunger Games)
3. Snow White (Snow White and the Huntsman)
4. Queen Ravenna (Snow White and the Huntsman)
5. Black Widow (The Avengers)
6. Red-Eyed Bella the Vampire (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2)
7. Effie Trinket (The Hunger Games)
8. Selene (Underworld: Awakening)
9. Merida (Brave)
10. Alice (Resident Evil: Retribution)